Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Slight Distraction


A few of my Zen Dogs at work pointed some observations about my demeanor as of late that caused me some concern. It was nothing at all alarming they just noticed that I’ve been on edge for the last few weeks about something. First of all, either they are much more perceptive than I give them credit for, or the shift is that noticeable. I told them it was work related. We are all dealing with the upcoming changes and uncertainty in our own ways. I told them the truth but at the same time I was concealing something. It wasn’t work related so I followed my doctrine of keeping other people out of my issues.

I dedicated yesterday, today and tomorrow to figuring out what is going on. Yesterday after a short bike ride, some great planning and watching one of the best movies I’ve ever seen, Predators, I went for a drive to chase the sun, there was still sunlight here at 10pm. During the drive I started putting some pieces together and it hit me. It’s one of those life things people have been telling you for ages but you don’t understand until you can translate it into your own language and examine it with your own lenses.

This morning, Tuesday, I got up, did some more planning and took another ride. The intent was to ride to the river however a mile into the ride I realized I was way over dressed so I turned around to drop a layer or two. On my way back I stopped at a red light, there were no cars coming so I peddled across. When I got about 20 yards from the street, a passenger in a car stuck his head out as he passed me and yelled something about me going through the red light. I retorted with 2 words, the last one was OFF! He yelled something I couldn’t understand as they drove away.

I actually said a silent prayer to the war Gods that they would be waiting for me at the next light or corner. It was something like “please give me this opportunity to test my skill”. I’m the leanest Ive ever been, there is something burning my biscuits, and I SAW PREDATORS LAST NIGHT. In reality soon as he yelled at me I recognized him as one of the Portland worms that have been the bane of my existence for the last few years, another coward at 1000 paces. So within a microsecond my radar chirped non threat.

On the rest of the way home realized how way out of character that was for me. One of the Zen Dogs asked me a long time ago “What would you do if a worm insulted you as you walked by it?” ever since then it’s been my approach to ignore them, there effin worms!

I went home and dropped a few layers and rode to the river and did my 14 mile meditation. The Blog about the enlightenment will have to wait.


Trace
































No comments:

Post a Comment